What is Eco Brick (CLC)?
CLC is called as Cellular Light Weight Concrete and it is also called as Foam Concrete. Cellular Light Weight Concrete (CLC) is a version of light weight concrete that is produced like normal concrete under ambient conditions. CLC Blocks are a cement-bonded material made by blending slurry of cement. Stable, pre-formed foam manufactured on site is injected into this slurry to form foam concrete.
Are you worried about rising construction costs of projects ?
If yes, then CLC blocks is your answer. CLC blocks are a cement-bonded material made by blending slurry of cement. Stable, pre-formed foam manufactured on site is injected into this slurry to form foam concert. .
- Light in Weight: CLC blocks are very lightweight with density ranging from 300 to 1800 Kg/m3. Three times less weight then clay or fly ash brocks.
- Eco friendly: CLC blocks are Environment-friendly. Foam concrete is eco- friendly material as sand and other industrial waste material are used in part of manufacturing blocks to protect the environment. The production process of CLC or its use does not release any harmful effluents to ground, water or air. CLC, due to its low weight is ideal for making partitions. The use of CLC for this purpose will reduce the need for plywood partitions. This consequently will result in reduction in deforestation and will benefit environment.
- Sound Insulation: CLC Blocks are excellent for Sound insulation which keeps the house cool in summer and warm in winter saving energy/electricity for cooling and heating. It is possible to achieve even higher values depending upon the thickness of block.
- Thermal Insulation: Thermal insulations as a 100mm thick CLC wall, the equivalent thickness of dense concrete wall would have to be more than 5 times thicker and ten times heavier.
- Lower Water Absorption : The water absorption of this material in relatively lower than any other materials. This compares much better than concrete 50% and ordinary brick, which has water absorption of around 50% to 80%. The low water absorption property of these blocks will help to reduce the cracks in the walls.
- Fire Protection : Foam concrete blocks offers grate fire protection. With a just 100mm thickness of wall with density of 1000 kg/m3, offers fire endurance for heat transmission for 4 hours without releasing any oxic fumes during the fire. Fire rating of cellular concrete is far superior to that of brickwork or dense concrete.
- Easy to Handling : Foam concrete blocks are easy and quick to install, thus minimizing construction costs. They require no minimal maintenance, which reduces long- term costs. Foam concrete blocks are saving in cement, sand, water, labour, energy & time.
- Acoustic construction
- Precast exterior walls
- Roof insulation and waterproofing
- Green construction
- Additional floors to existing structure
- Building material for highrises
- Air-conditioned buildings
- Low cost housing